The Seagate Food Bank is proud to announce the arrival of our new mobile market truck! This vehicle was made possible by a grant from the Wal-Mart Corporation; which allowed us to purchase a refrigerated truck. This is the fourth year for the Seagate Farm Market. In the past we used a truck and wagon to transport fresh produce. Our new truck will keep the produce fresh and cool while out on locations. The Seagate Farm Market travels to areas where it is difficult to buy affordable or good quality foods otherwise known as food desert areas.
Our mobile market brings fresh fruits and vegetables to seniors, individuals, and families in these areas who may not otherwise have adequate means to fresh goods. The fruits and vegetables that we sell on our mobile market have been grown in our own vertical garden or purchased from local farmers and made available to our neighbors. The Seagate Farm Market is on the move four days a week, Tuesday through Friday, to 15 locations throughout our area. Last year 1,358 pounds of fresh food were purchased.
We are confident that number will grow this year with the increase of three new locations. You may purchase the fresh goods with senior coupons, SNAP, W.I.C. coupons, or cash. Below is a listing of our locations and if you visit our website, www.theseagatefoodbank.org you can view specific location dates and times.
- The Plaza @2520 Monroe St.
- Michealmas Manor@ 3260 Schneider
- Doves Manor @1040 Brookview
- Madonna Homes@ 722 N. Huron
- Hope Manor @ 4702 Violet Rd.
- Oblate Residences@ 1225 Flaire
- Alpha Towers @ 525 E. Woodruff
- ProMedica Center for Health Services@ 2150 W. Central Ave.
- Bay Park Hospital@ 2801 Bay Park Drive
- Regina Manor @ 3731 N. Erie St.
- Vistula Heritage@ 722 N. Huron St.
- ProMedica ELORID@
- Glendale Terrace@ 3200 Glendale Ave.
- Dorrell Manor@ 5836 Southwyck
- AHEPA 18@ 1865 West Alexis